Psalm 5: To the choirmaster: for the flutes. A Psalm of David.
1) Give ear to my words, O Lord; consider my groaning.
2) Give attention to the sound of my cry, my King and my God, for to you do I pray.
3) O Lord, in the morning you hear my voice; in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you and watch.
4) For you are not a God who delights in wickedness; evil may not dwell with you.
5) The boastful shall not stand before your eyes; you hate all evildoers.
6) You destroy those who speak lies; the Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.
7) But I, through the abundance of your steadfast love, will enter your house. I will bow down toward your holy temple in the fear of you.
8) Lead me, O Lord, in your righteousness because of my enemies; make your way straight before me.
9) For there is no truth in their mouth; their inmost self is destruction; their throat is an open grave; they flatter with their tongue.
10) Make them bear their guilt, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; because of the abundance of their transgressions cast them out, for they have rebelled against you.
11) But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy, and spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rexult in you.
12) For you bless the righteous, O Lord; you cover him with favor as with a shield.