reminder

Clicking on Pictures will give you the full size version....

Friday, May 27, 2011

Follow Me!


Matthew 4:18) While walking by the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon (who is called Peter) and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea, for they were fishermen. 19) And he said to them, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." 20) Immediately they left their nets and followed him. 21) And going on from there he saw two other brothers, James the son of Zebedee and John his brother, in the boat with Zebedee their father, mending their nets, and he called them. 22) Immediately they left the boat and their father and followed him.

The Cost of Following Jesus
Matthew 8:18) Now when Jesus saw a crowd around him, he gave orders to go over to the other side. 19) And a scribe came up and said to him, "Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go." 20) And Jesus said to him, "Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head." 21) Another of the disciples said to him, "Lord, let me first go and bury my father." 22) And Jesus said to him, "Follow me, and leave the dead to bury their own dead."

Jesus Calls Matthew

Matthew 9:9) As Jesus passed on from there, he saw a man called Matthew sitting at the tax booth, and he said to him, "Follow me." And he rose and followed him.

Not Peace, but a Sword

Matthew 10:34) "Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35) For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36) And a person's enemies will be those of his own household. 37) Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38) And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39) Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

Take Up Your Cross and Follow Jesus

Matthew 16:24) Then Jesus told his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25) For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. 26) For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul? 27) For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done. 28) Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

The Rich Young Man
Matthew 19:16) And behold, a man came up to him, saying, "Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?" 17) And he said to him, "Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments." 18) He said to him, "Which ones?" And Jesus said, "You shall not murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, 19) Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself." 20) The young man said to him, "All these I have kept. What do I still lack?" 21) Jesus said to him, "If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me." 22) When the young man heard this he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

Jesus Calls the First Disciples

No comments:

Post a Comment