but let your heart keep my commandments,
2) for length of days and years of life
and peace they will add to you.
3) Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you;
bind them around your neck;
write them on the tablet of your heart.
4) So you will find favor and good success
in the sight of God and man.
5) Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
6) In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
7) Be not wise in your own eyes;
fear the Lord, and turn away from evil.
8) It will be healing to your flesh
and refreshment to your bones.
9) Honor the Lord with your wealth
and with the firstfruits of all your produce;
10) then your barns will be filled with plenty,
and your vats will be bursting with wine.
11) My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline
or be weary of his reproof,
12) for the Lord reproves him whom he loves,
as a father the son in whom he delights.