Psalm 30:1) I will extol you, O Lord, for you have drawn me up
and have not let my foes rejoice over me.
2) O Lord my God, I cried to you for help,
and you have healed me.
3) O Lord, you have brought up my soul from Sheol;
you restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit.
4) Sing praises to the Lord, O you his saints,
and give thanks to his holy name.
5) For his anger is but for a moment,
and his favor is for a lifetime.
Weeping may tarry for the night,
but joy comes with the morning.
6) As for me, I said in my prosperity,
"I shall never be moved."
7) By your favor, O Lord,
you made my mountain stand strong;
you hid your face;
I was dismayed.
8) To you, O Lord, I cry,
and to the Lord I plead for mercy:
9) "What profit is there in my death,
if I go down to the pit?
Will the dust praise you?
Will it tell of your faithfulness?
10) Hear, O Lord, and be merciful to me!
O Lord, be my helper!"
11) You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
you have loosed my sackcloth
and clothed me with gladness,
12) that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!
A Psalm of David. A song at the dedication of the temple.