Psalm 63 A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.
1) O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you;
my flesh faints for you,
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2) So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
beholding your power and glory.
3) Because your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise you.
4) So I will bless you as long as I live;
in your name I will lift up my hands.
5) My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,
and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,
6) when I remember you upon my bed,
and meditate on you in the watches of the night;
7) for you have been my help,
and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.
8) My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.
9) But those who seek to destroy my life
shall go down into the depths of the earth;
10) they shall be given over to the power of the sword;
they shall be a portion for jackals.
11) But the king shall rejoice in God;
all who swear by him shall exult,
for the mouths of liars will be stopped.