Psalm 54) To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments. A Maskil of David, when the Ziphites went and told Saul, "Is not David hiding among us?"
1) O God, save me by your name,
and vindicate me by your might.
2) O God, hear my prayer;
give ear to the words of my mouth.
3) For strangers have risen against me;
ruthless men seek my life;
they do not set God before themselves. Selah
4) Behold, God is my helper;
the Lord is the upholder of my life.
5) He will return the evil to my enemies;
in your faithfulness put an end to them.
6) With a freewill offering I will sacrifice to you;
I will give thanks to your name, O Lord, for it is good.
7) For he has delivered me from every trouble,
and my eye has looked in triumph on my enemies.