Psalm 86) A Prayer of David.
1) Incline your ear, O Lord, and answer me,
for I am poor and needy.
2) Preserve my life, for I am godly;
save your servant, who trusts in you—you are my God.
3) Be gracious to me, O Lord,
for to you do I cry all the day.
4) Gladden the soul of your servant,
for to you, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
5) For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving,
abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you.
6) Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer;
listen to my plea for grace.
7) In the day of my trouble I call upon you,
for you answer me.
8) There is none like you among the gods, O Lord,
nor are there any works like yours.
9) All the nations you have made shall come
and worship before you, O Lord,
and shall glorify your name.
10) For you are great and do wondrous things;
you alone are God.
11) Teach me your way, O Lord,
that I may walk in your truth;
unite my heart to fear your name.
12) I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart,
and I will glorify your name forever.
13) For great is your steadfast love toward me;
you have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.
14) O God, insolent men have risen up against me;
a band of ruthless men seeks my life,
and they do not set you before them.
15) But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious,
slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.
16) Turn to me and be gracious to me;
give your strength to your servant,
and save the son of your maidservant.
17) Show me a sign of your favor,
that those who hate me may see and be put to shame
because you, Lord, have helped me and comforted me.